[OT] Now the wokesters are demanding we use different terms for well-known animals

Sujet : [OT] Now the wokesters are demanding we use different terms for well-known animals
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 07. May 2024, 02:37:45
It seems that common terms like "lion" and "elephant" are now
considered inappropriate for these animals. Or so this article would
have us believe as it tells us what terms we SHOULD be using:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/bbc-is-lost-for-words-over-elephant/

I've never heard of this website/organization (conservativewoman.co.uk)
and I'm pretty sure this article is actually a spoof in the vein of The
Babylon Bee but you be the judge. The proposals certainly resemble the
kinds of things we seek from wokesters all the time.

--
Rhino