Re: Shooting at Drake's house

Sujet : Re: Shooting at Drake's house
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 07. May 2024, 23:21:48
On Tue, 7 May 2024 13:53:14 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

On Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:46 -0700
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

In article <20240507110521.000000a6@example.com>,

Media here in Canada - apparently all of Canada, not just Toronto
- are in buzzing madly this morning because there was apparently a
shooting outside Drake's house in one of the poshest
neighbourhoods in Toronto.

I know very little of this Drake. Isn't he the official mascot of
Canada or something?

He certainly carries on as if he is! But not, he's an actor (from
one of the DeGrassi series) who apparently decided he was a HipHop
god as well. I gather he's quite successful at that and a mansion
on the Bridle Path suggests it's not just posing. I have no time
whatever for this guy or all the gossip about him or his "feud"
with another rapper. That's why I'm annoyed that Canadian media are
spending so much time on this.

It's interesting/entertaining that he isn't nearly as big a noise in
the US as he thinks he is here. I thought he might actually be one a
major figure down there but I don't see anything about this
shooting in the "World" section of my news feed.

Siri knew right who he was even though he only has the one name do you
think you could afford more than one name with the net worth of $200
million.

Clearly, you don't understand the whole celebrity thing: having only a
single name means you're important, like Cher or Beyonce. (Funny how
it's mostly female "superstars" that do the one-name thing.) ;-)

Siri didn’t say if that was real money or Canadian dollars
though.

Canadian money ceased to be real after the dimwits in this country
elected Justin Trudeau as Prime Minister. Despite his insistence that
his government is the very model of fiscal responsibility, the exact
opposite is the truth: they spend money like the proverbial drunken
sailor. That's why our currency is worth so much less now than it used
to be.  (It's only 73 cents US which is among the lowest values I've
ever seen. I can remember it being worth MORE than a greenback for a
while in the first decade of this century.)

We just had a budget and, as usual, Trudeau went $50 billion into
deficit (that's a lot in this country) so that he could offer lots of
goodies to voters in anticipation of the election next year. The vast
majority of the population was utterly indifferent to all the spending;
far more people were gnashing their teeth at the prospect of  their
kids and grandkids paying that spending off for decades to come.

Fiscal sanity will not return until we vote for the only halfways
sensible party in this country. Then, we might have a chance of getting
our financial house in order and an increase in the value of the
Canadian peso. In the meantime, I hope Drake's earnings are coming in
US dollars for his sake!

--
Rhino