Re: biggest NCIS news of all time!

Sujet : Re: biggest NCIS news of all time!
De : dannyb (at) *nospam* panix.com (danny burstein)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 07. May 2024, 23:51:57
In <atropos-395F15.14441907052024@news.giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

[snip]

I mean, imagine the reverse: would we put up with even our closest
allies sending armed police onto our streets, physically arresting our
citizens or storming their homes? Not for one goddam second would we
tolerate that.
[snip]

(There were times when we the locals wouldn't allow us to be armed at
all and the security environment was such that we weren't going to take
no for answer. On a visit to Mexico with Bush, the Mexicans wouldn't
allow any firearms, so DC flew in a package with every agent's
diplomatic passport and handed our guns out to us on the day of the
visit. That way we'd be armed but if any Mexican cop or official tried
to jam up an agent, he'd have diplomatic immunity and the worst they
could do would be to kick him out of the country.)

hmmm...  gotta see if I can find an update...

Very roughly a decade ago a suitcase(?) containing
weapons belonging to a bunch of Israeli security
agents who'd be protecting their Prime Minister
got misplaced by.... the airline in the US.  At least
that's the story that made it to the public.

Where would I even start to look for info?..??

     dannyb@panix.com