Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-06 (Monday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-06 (Monday)
De : weberm (at) *nospam* polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 08. May 2024, 10:30:45
anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

CBS MORNINGS
I recorded it because they’ve been advertising Tom Selleck. I wanted to see
what he said the day after they announced Blue Bloods was absolutely
positively canceled.

First off let me say that this show is so horrible that it almost makes the
view seem palatable.

Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!

Anyway, after spending the entire interview, interrupting Selleck whenever
he tried to talk (I think it was Harlan Ellison, who said that there are
some people who listen and some people who just wait to talk) they finally
got around to asking stuff of interest just in time to cut off his answers.

Idiot host: but but but Tom look at your life. Because you've had not one
but two hit juggernauts. You've had Magnum PI.

Second idiot host interrupts first hit idiot host. Unintelligible.

Idiot host: no and I mean it in all seriousness we are not ready for Blue
Bloods …

Third idiot host interrupts first idiot host: the ratings say so!

Second idiot host interrupts third idiot host: we are not ready for Blue
Bloods to end!

Selleck: Well, neither am I.  Thank you, none of us are.

First idiot host: how do you process it? You've had not one but two hits
(sic) juggernauts and that it may be coming to a close.

Selleck: I, I said to myself, when Blue Bloods started “I can't be this
lucky twice” I mean Magnum was ... but I was, and am.  And,, um, I, I, it…
the way this has all worked out this craziness cause of the actors strike
we're doing

Idiot host: yeah

Selleck: a 10 show season like every other

Idiot host: yes

Selleck: it's our 14th season. Then we do a 15th season, which for some
reason they're not calling it that

Third idiot host: yeah.

Selleck: but it is.

First idiot host: well…

Selleck: it's a 15 year show. when they choose to end it, uh, I think it's
debatable.

Second idiot host: uh…

First idiot host: OK, all right

Selleck: it's  a better way to look at things if I start now in, what, May?

Second idiot host: yeah

First idiot host: yeah

Selleck: talking about what's going to happen next November

Second idiot host: right

First idiot host: OK.

Selleck: uh, we're not winding down. The show is as good as ever. We’re…

Second idiot host: it is!

Selleck:  we’re …

First idiot host: well people, people are

Selleck: … three highest scripted show …

First idiot host: people are not ready Mr. Selleck

Second idiot coast: (unintelligible) agree with you

First idiot host: you may call it luck, others would call it talent

Third idiot host yeah!

Second idiot host, laughing like a loon and waving his hands in the air:
that's what I was gonna say!

All three idiot hosts, talking at once completely unintelligible

Third idiot host: Tom, we appreciate you thank you so much for coming by
and hanging out with us

Selleck: thanks for having me, great to see you all

So there you have it

OK, I redact that bit about the Troll-O-Meter.

I also watched NCIS "Reef Madness".

Hmmm...

Hot on the heels of last weeks worst show of the series is a mundane entry.
There's this ship that they're going to sink to make a reef, but it's still
docked and already full of the explosives which seems unlikely. When Knight
and Parker get trapped on it and even though it's a crime scene they're
still investigating it's gonna get blown up the next morning. So Knight
gets killed trying to save Parker and Parker dies, trying to save Knight
while dreaming of angels of his mother and sister and his secret backstory
about why he hates boats (did we ever actually hear this before?) And he
apparently managed to get his sister killed. Both of them get better though
just in time for that bitch Knight to announce she's taking a job in
California in front of her boyfriend who she hasn't bothered to tell yet.
Vance thinks she's perfect to train the rescue squads even though she not
only completely failed to rescue Parker she got herself killed in the
process.

Followed by the senses shattering second half of the season and series
ending climax of NCIS Oahu!

Most of which doesn't take place in Hawaii, but supposedly in Belgrade or
something where they're trying to stop terrorists from releasing the deadly
compound X (you have to wonder how many meetings they took to come up with
that name).

Isn't that an over the counter wart remover/dissolver?

There's just all kinds of stuff that makes no sense. Things are set up like
the hot girl villain apparently having been exposed and died and come back
superhuman that they just later forget about. Sam Hannah dies (he gets
better). They tortured the hot girl villain's sister for information, but
it turns out they just faked it.  Even though the terrorists are all
carrying aerosol canisters of the most deadly poison gas ever conceived of
by the mind of man our heroes keep coming up behind them and telling them
to freeze and not shooting them dead on the spot.

Finally at the end the hot girl villain gets free and is going to kill
their doctor and the recently resurrected Sam blows her head off. Damn well
time.

Weeks later, back in Hawaii, Sam thanks the team for accepting him. I'm not
sure where they were supposed to go from there and luckily we'll never
know.

Then a very extra special guest star throws a surprise cliffhanger ending!

Pretty bad, but it was still better than NCIS Perth.

--
Let's go Brandon!