Re: [OT] More pathetic journalism

Sujet : Re: [OT] More pathetic journalism
De : nobody (at) *nospam* nowhere.com (moviePig)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 10. May 2024, 00:22:12
On 5/9/2024 5:51 PM, Rhino wrote:
I just saw this in the newspaper from my hometown. This is the entire
article:
Missing Waterloo child has been found
 Waterloo regional police say a missing 11-year-old from Waterloo has
been found.
 No further details have been released.
 Could the geniuses at the police not have added ONE word to indicate
the condition of the child? You know, a word like "alive" or "unharmed"
or even "injured but expected to recover"? If I were the family of this
kid and saw this I'd be distraught wonder whether the kid was alive or
dead at the very least.
 What is the matter with the journalists? Could they not pick up the
fucking phone, call the police, and ASK before publishing? They don't
need to identify the kid or give any details but just SAY if the kid is
alive or not? The family could potentially see this before the police
call and tormenting them with incomplete information is simply cruel -
and lazy beyond belief.
Why do you assume family and friends weren't notified?