Re: [OT] Rex Murphy R.I.P.

Sujet : Re: [OT] Rex Murphy R.I.P.
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 10. May 2024, 05:50:34
On Thu, 9 May 2024 23:42:30 -0400

It seems that Canada's (arguably) best known and most articulate
political commentator, Rex Murphy, has died.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/rex-murphy-obituary-1.7199788

In yet another brilliant display of journalism, the article does not
say when or where he died - what ever happened to Who?, What?, When?
Where? and Why? - but I assume it was in the last few days since I
read (and posted a link to) a new article by Murphy just the other
day. (In the comments beneath that article, someone expressed
gratitude at seeing him back after an illness. I had noticed his
absence but hadn't heard that he was ill, let alone dying.)

He'll be missed by those of us considering ourselves conservative.

This article in the National Post, where he was a regular he columnist
is considerably better than the other one I linked, which was from the
CBC website. That's ironic given that Murphy was a CBC regular for
decades until they figured out an excuse to purge him.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/rex-murphy-dies-obituary

--
Rhino