Re: [OT] Brilliant police work

Sujet : Re: [OT] Brilliant police work
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 11. May 2024, 02:08:58
The Horny Goat  <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
On Fri, 10 May 2024 14:13:53 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

The officer told this story after he retired from the Ontario
Provincial Police saying that if his sergeant had let him search they
would have found the tape and avoided the plea bargain with Homulka.

Wow

Lemme guess: The sergeant got further promotions.

Bernardo remains in jail serving his life sentence - and the case was
shocking enough that this will surely be a life sentence that will
never result in parole - and the officer was convinced that minus the
plea bargain Homulka would have gotten the same sentence.

Yeah. She was equally guilty of most of the same crimes.

I'm pretty sure Rhino will agree this particular case was THE most
shocking case of the late 80s/early 90s in Canada.

Moral: cops aren't infallible and even if they get the search
legalities right, that doesn't mean they're going to find the goods -
sometimes with spectacular consequences.

If you don't look, it's hard to find stuff in a search.

Definitely on the last point!

Can I safely assume you would agree with me that this 1994-95 case was
one of the most spectacular Canadian cases in the past 50 years?
(Along with the 2008 trial of Willie Pickton?)

And that they're two of the most notorious murder cases in Canadian
history?

I know only what you and Rhino tell me. I'll trust what you remember.