Re: Selected programming for May 11-17, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for May 11-17, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 11. May 2024, 19:08:09
On 5/11/24 9:52 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 5/11/24 8:16 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

         Saturday, May 11

     Streaming:

Deadbolt     (movie)     (3:01 am, Tubi)

Seeking a fresh start, a young woman finds her sanity on the brink due to unexplained disappearances and chilling nocturnal echoes in her new home. Stars Rebecca Liddiard, Jamie Spilchuk, Camille Stopps, Joey Belfiore and Bill MacDonald. 1h 23m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_zkBGvifsQ

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31170199/

https://tubitv.com/movies/100020360/deadbolt

This actually came out last night - I know because I used the early release to fix the cast listing order on IMDb last night...

I will probably try to get to this at some point...
 Yes, I noticed the same thing with "Invasive," which was scheduled for release on Friday at 3 am but was available late Thursday night. I remember when I first started listing Tubi movies that there was a question as to whether they were released on the stated date or the day before. It looks like it's the latter.
I have a theory that Tubi is actually releasing movies at midnight *Greenwich Mean Time*. That's about 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time. It would explain why movies released show up "the night before" in the U.S.!

         Thursday, May 16

Home Sweet Rome!       [new to US]        (3:01 am, Max)

This charming new series follows the story of 13-year-old Lucy, played by Kensington Tallman (Inside Out 2, That Girl Lay Lay), a spirited teenager who leaves California behind to start a new life in Rome with her dad (Darrin Rose) and Italian pop sensation stepmom Francesca (Eleonora Facchini). 13 half-hour episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20215742/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJPJVfEt1KA

Wait. I'm sorry - *who* was this made for?! Was it actually "direct-to-Max"?!!

(OK, now, looking at this, this was released in 2023. But it's not clear who this originated with...)
 I briefly tried to figure that out but it's not clear. The trailer is from the BBC from 2023, and the IMDb also lists 2023 release dates for Canada and Germany. IMDb lists production companies in the US (Cartoon Network), Canada (First Generation Films) and Italy (Red Monk Studio). It looks like an independent production, but it must have had some outside money behind it.
Yeah, I think there was some American financing here. But it's not a "Max original", that's for sure!

     Broadcast and cable:

My Nanny Stole My Life     (movie)      (8 pm, LMN)

A new mother begins to suspect that her nanny is scheming to steal her baby and her husband­-but no one believes her due to the postpartum depression she suffered after the child was born. Stars Katerina Eichenberger, Caroline Codd, and Jonathan Stoddard. Originally titled "She Wants My Baby."

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-nanny-stole-my-life

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23863506/

Yes, will watch.
(And Robin can thank me for adding the current title of this film, and several upcoming Lifetime flicks, to IMDb for her!!  ;>  )
 Thanks, Ian!
 :-)

         Friday, May 17

     Streaming:

Killer Body Count     (movie)       (3:01 am, Tubi)

Mistaken as a sex addict by her dad, Cami is sent off to a remote religious treatment center where the other kids are being hunted by a killer. Stars Alex McGregor [as Cami?], Cassiel Eatock-Winnik, Savana Tardieu, Khosi Ngema and Bjorn Steinbach. 1 hr 50 min.  [Three Tubi Originals this week? Good for Tubi for putting them on the website in advance so we know more about them.]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31777553/

https://tubitv.com/movies/100019969/killer-body-count

OK:

1) Alex McGregor is no "kid"!
2) Alex McGregor *again* (in just a week!)
3) IMDb claims that this is Canadian, but I'll bet it was also filmed in South Africa.
4) What a weird premise!!

And, yes, I'm sure I will check this out at some point!
 I saw her name and thought of you.

     Broadcast and cable:

Family Practice Mysteries: Coming Home      (movie; linear TV premiere)        (9 pm, Hallmark Mystery)

A former Army surgeon moves back to her hometown and joins a practice of family doctors, but when she's drawn into solving the mysterious death of a patient, her quiet life becomes upended. Stars Amanda Schull and Brendan Penny. Premiered on May 2 on the Hallmark Movies Now streaming service. [The next premiere on Hallmark Mystery appears to be "Tipline Mysteries: Dial 1 for Murder" on Friday, June 7.]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32150887/

https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/family-practice-mysteries-coming-home

Amanda Schull deserves better than this.
 BTW, Friday at 9 pm seems to be their time for showing their occasional (at least right now) premieres.
For Hallmark Mystery? Yeah.
On my end, I am somewhat disappointed that LMN/Lifetime have seem to abandoned releasing "new" films on Friday nights (opting for Wednesday nights instead, in the case of LMN)...