Re: Selected programming for May 11-17, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for May 11-17, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 11. May 2024, 20:06:41
On 5/11/24 10:53 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 5/11/24 10:27 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 5/11/24 9:52 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
Ian J. Ball wrote:
On 5/11/24 8:16 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

         Saturday, May 11

     Streaming:

Deadbolt     (movie)     (3:01 am, Tubi)

Seeking a fresh start, a young woman finds her sanity on the brink due to unexplained disappearances and chilling nocturnal echoes in her new home. Stars Rebecca Liddiard, Jamie Spilchuk, Camille Stopps, Joey Belfiore and Bill MacDonald. 1h 23m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_zkBGvifsQ

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31170199/

https://tubitv.com/movies/100020360/deadbolt

This actually came out last night - I know because I used the early release to fix the cast listing order on IMDb last night...

I will probably try to get to this at some point...

Yes, I noticed the same thing with "Invasive," which was scheduled for release on Friday at 3 am but was available late Thursday night. I remember when I first started listing Tubi movies that there was a question as to whether they were released on the stated date or the day before. It looks like it's the latter.

I have a theory that Tubi is actually releasing movies at midnight *Greenwich Mean Time*. That's about 8 hours ahead of Pacific Time. It would explain why movies released show up "the night before" in the U.S.!

[snip]

     Broadcast and cable:

Family Practice Mysteries: Coming Home      (movie; linear TV premiere)        (9 pm, Hallmark Mystery)

A former Army surgeon moves back to her hometown and joins a practice of family doctors, but when she's drawn into solving the mysterious death of a patient, her quiet life becomes upended. Stars Amanda Schull and Brendan Penny. Premiered on May 2 on the Hallmark Movies Now streaming service. [The next premiere on Hallmark Mystery appears to be "Tipline Mysteries: Dial 1 for Murder" on Friday, June 7.]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32150887/

https://www.hallmarkmystery.com/family-practice-mysteries-coming-home

Amanda Schull deserves better than this.

BTW, Friday at 9 pm seems to be their time for showing their occasional (at least right now) premieres.

For Hallmark Mystery? Yeah.

On my end, I am somewhat disappointed that LMN/Lifetime have seem to abandoned releasing "new" films on Friday nights (opting for Wednesday nights instead, in the case of LMN)...

Yes, the Friday night premieres on Lifetime have disappeared. But those appeared for a pretty short period of time.

Does LMN have premieres on Wednesday? I don't check for that. This week they list a "new" movie, "My Acting Coach Nightmare," but it has previously appeared on Lifetime Channel.

Yes, LMN's "Wednesday premieres" are actually just movies that have premiered earlier on Lifetime proper, and are now coming to LMN for the first time.

Only LMN's Thursday "premiere movies" are truly "new" movies.

Lifetime sort of does something similar - the Saturday night movie premieres are their "big movies"; the Sunday night movies are actually still "new" (to Lifetime) in most cases, but they are "lesser" movie acquisitions, lately often from Tubi.
 I think it's deceptive that Lifetime/LMN frequently describes the acquired movies as "2024" when they were actually released a year or two earlier.
 BTW, I Googled "what time are Tubi movies released/added" and found a Reddit post stating that Tubi's server is updated at 8 pm ET, although there's no source listed for the info.
 --Robin
If so, that's only one hour off Greenwich Mean Time, so I was close!!