Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-11 (Saturday)

Sujet : Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-11 (Saturday)
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 12. May 2024, 17:24:09
On 5/12/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

What did you watch?
I'm doing a "grading cramming" session this weekend, so I might have a couple of "days off" this coming week (and next weekend!). Thus, TV viewing was not the focus.
So, all I got through was:
soaps: Both Thur's ep's.
    GH - I enjoyed this - Sam was forced to eat crow majorly! when 1) she accuses Jason of causing Danny to skip school when that didn't happen at all!! and 2) Jason informs her that he didn't come home because he's been an FBI asset and that as a result he and Sonny are "done"! Really enjoyed Sam slinking away at the end of that conversation!!... Gregory volunteers himself to skip the rehearsal dinner on Coney Island due to health reasons, which spared Finn and Chase from telling Gregory that they didn't want him to go, but then Gregory and Finn get into a fight, and Gregory says something unkind, causing Finn to leave. (Hey, they mentioned Jackie! Though we now haven't seen Kim Delaney on GH in years!!) Later, Finn solves his Gregory problem by having Alexis watch over him while they go the rehearsal dinner... Laura continues getting legal advice about Heather Webber from Alexis. And more stupid stuff with Booby Vista and Blaze which isn't worth going over.
    DOOL - Marlena, John and Steve inform a resistant Maggie what Constantine has really been up to - I enjoyed it when Maggie realized that Constantine ultimately intends to murder her! - Maggie agrees to work with them to "sting"/entrap Constantine so they can bust him for good! Constantine unexpectedly visits Sarah (why?!). Xander confronts Stefan about setting him up for Harris' shooting, and catches Stefan out, and Xander is now convinced that Stefan was indeed the one who set him up. (He is!) Harris and Ava get Stefan to agree to take Clyde's ledger to the cops, and Harris does, so they can analyze the apparent "blood stain" on it.
golf - Day 3 at the Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow in Charlotte, NC - Rory McIlroy surged into second place, but was unable to dislodge Xander Schauffele from the lead, even though Schauffele didn't do much: but he did just enough to not fall behind McIlroy.
    Day 4 should be good - I don't think the players further back can bridge the gap, so it should be a battle between Schauffele and McIlroy to the end!
Mommy Meanest (Lifetime) - This went about like I expected - Lisa Rinna plays a highly, highly disturbed divorced mother and teacher. I guess she's a narcissist?... Anyway, worried that her fragile HS senior daughter is about to abandon her for college away, the EVOL!!1! bitch decides to start cyberbullying her own daughter, so that her fragile daughter has to retreat back into mommy's arms for support.
    I did like the angle that the cyberbullying did nothing but benefit the EVOL!!1! bitch mom - not only does her daughter need her mother constantly now, but it also improves the EVOL!!1! bitch mom's standing with her teacher coworkers, with the student body, with her on-and-off-again boyfriend, and even with her hostile ex-husband.
    But this would have been a stronger effort if it had been more clearly based on the actual *real-life story* - this is simply "inspired by" real-events, and is not a retelling of the case of the Michigan mom and coach who cyberbullied her own daughter and others in 2021.
    Another weakness is that it takes far too long for the dumb and fragile daughter (Briana Skye) to catch on that her mom was behind it. There are several clues earlier in the movie, so it taking the daughter until the last 15-or-so minutes to figure it out makes it disappointing.
    I also didn't appreciate the "twist" that they wait until the last minute to reveal about the restraining order concerning the daughter's divorced dad.
    And the movie really ends without giving us much upshot of the aftermath.
    So, I would not say this was one of Lifetime's better "higher profile" entries...
What did you watch?