Re: TV news for May 11-18, 2024

Sujet : Re: TV news for May 11-18, 2024
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 19. May 2024, 01:43:52
On 5/18/24 3:37 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

     ABC news
  Johnny Knoxville, ABC, & Jimmy Kimmel’s Production Banner Zapped With $3M Suit From Tasered ‘Prank Panel’ Producer  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/johnny-knoxville-sued-abc-prank-show-1235921494/
This sounds serious - if no release was signed, Knoxville is f**ked.

Joshua Jackson Teases “Over The Top” & “Outrageous” Ryan Murphy Series ‘Doctor Odyssey’  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/joshua-jackson-teases-ryan-murphy-doctor-odyssey-series-1235921643/
So, I really, really, really don't want to watch it, then?

Midori Francis Leaving ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Next Season  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/midori-francis-leaving-greys-anatomy-mika-yasuda-1235917481/
Well, ABC won't let me casually watch "Grey's", so...

‘The Rookie’ & Will Trent’ Held: What Midseason Launch Means For Future Of ABC Dramas  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-rookie-will-trent-midseason-launch-future-canceled-1235916130/
Booooo!!
(Meanwhile, ABC's shill? - All lies!!)

ABC Boss On ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Future Amid Budget Trim & Scheduling Move (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/greys-anatomy-future-season-21-final-budget-cut-scheduling-move-1235915536/
ABC's shill? - More lies!!

ABC New Series Teasers: ‘High Potential’, ‘Doctor Odyssey’  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/abc-new-series-trailers-high-potential-doctor-odyssey-1235915355/
"High Potential"? Maybe worth a sample.
Ryan Murphy? - NO!!

     CBS news
  ‘FBI’ & ‘FBI: Most Wanted’ Actors To Do Fewer Episodes Next Season In Cost-Cutting Move  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/fbi-fbi-most-wanted-cast-episode-reduction-2024-25-1235920167/
'Cos that just what these Dick Wolf series need: more cast turmoil!!

Will Sasso & Rachel Bay Jones Return As Mandy’s Parents In ‘Young Sheldon’ Spinoff  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/will-sasso-rachel-bay-jones-cast-mandy-parents-young-sheldon-georgie-spinoff-1235916703/
Meh - I won't be watching.

‘NCIS Hawai’i’ Cast Joins Together On The Beach To Celebrate Series (May 11)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/ncis-hawaii-cast-beach-celebration-series-1235912475/
Did they ever confirm whether LL was "cast" or not?!!

     CW news
  The CW Scouts More Sports Rights, Eyes Sunday Expansion And Potential Team-Ups With ESPN  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/sports-rights-the-cw-nexstar-espn-1235918874/
Oh, f**k, that!

The CW’s Affiliates Still “Absorbing” Network’s Makeover, President Dennis Miller Says; No Update On Fate Of NY Flagship WPIX Amid FCC Battle  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-cw-affiliates-network-overhaul-wpix-fcc-1235918988/
IOW - all the non-Nexstar affiliates are HEADING FOR THE EXITS!!!

‘Wild Cards’ Still Expected To Be Renewed For Season 2 At The CW  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/wild-cards-expected-renewed-season-2-the-cw-1235918979/
More lies!!

The CW Bosses Explain Why ‘All American’ & ‘Walker’ Aren’t On Its Fall Schedule  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-cw-renewal-decision-all-american-walker-1235918928/
Even more lies!!

The CW Fall 2024-25 Schedule: Top Scripted Series MIA, ‘Superman & Lois’ Bows Out On New Night  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-cw-fall-2024-25-schedule-superman-amp-lois-season-4-sullivans-crossing-1235918405/
Meh.
The only night there with anything is Thursdays, and I wish "The Librarians" spinoff led-off the night instead of L&C.
Though I may check out "Joan" (again - wish it was at 8pm instead...).

The CW Network Adds Pac-12 Football Games To Growing Sports Roster  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/cw-network-sports-pac-12-football-games-1235915673/
Are they serious?! - The Pac 12 is *dead*!!

     Fox news
  Fox New Series Trailers: ‘Rescue: HI-Surf’, ‘Murder In A Small Town’, ‘Doc’, ‘Universal Basic Guys’  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/fox-new-series-trailers-rescue-hi-surf-murder-in-a-small-town-doc-universal-basic-guys-1235914647/
Will sample at least the first of those...

Denis Leary Comedy Series ‘Going Dutch’ Ordered At Fox  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/denis-leary-comedy-series-going-dutch-fox-1235913435/
OK...

Fox Chief On Future Of ‘9-1-1: Lone Star’ Beyond Delayed Season 5  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/9-1-1-lone-star-future-season-5-final-fox-1235913419/
Yet more lies!!
Well, not really - if you pay attention, he was really non-committal, which would imply season #5 will be the show's last...

‘Accused’ Brings Back Michael Chiklis, Adds Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy & Nick Cannon In Second Season  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/accused-brings-back-michael-chiklis-adds-felicity-huffman-william-h-macy-nick-cannon-1235913446/
I never did end up getting to sample this, and now I probably won't bother...

Fox Sets New Drama ‘Rescue HI-Surf’ For Post-Super Bowl Slot  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/fox-rescue-hi-surf-super-bowl-2025-1235913469/
YaY(!?!).

‘The Cleaning Lady’ Renewed For Season 4 By Fox With New Leadership (May 12)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-cleaning-lady-renewed-season-4-fox-showrunner-change-1235912258/
Interesting - this show has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would...

     NBC news
  ‘Found’ Adds Michael Cassidy As Recurring In Season 2  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/found-michael-cassidy-season-2-cast-1235918312/
OK?...

‘Happy’s Place’ Trailer: Reba McEntire & Melissa Peterman Reunite In NBC Sitcom  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/happys-place-trailer-reba-mcentire-melissa-peterman-nbc-1235917361/
Ian: NO!!

Snoop Dogg & Michael Bublé Join ‘The Voice’ Alongside Reba McEntire & Gwen Stefani For Season 26  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/snoop-dogg-the-voice-season-26-michael-buble-1235913986/
That is very, very meh...

     Cable channel news
  Sarah Drew To Headline New Series ‘Mistletoe Murders’ For Hallmark Media   (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/sarah-drew-star-new-series-mistletoe-murders-hallmark-media-1235919212/
Is this really better than working on "Grey's"?!!

‘The Thundermans Return’ Gets Spinoff Series At Nickelodeon With Original Series Cast Members  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-thundermans-return-spinoff-series-nickelodeon-original-cast-1235918475/
I was shocked to see this.
I was not shocked to see that the two middle siblings (whom I assume have mostly retired from acting) nor the two parents look to be main cast.
(They'd better bring back Cherry as a recurring character, though!!)

‘Shogun’ To Continue: FX & Hulu Eye Two More Seasons Of James Clavell Adaptation  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/shogun-renewed-season-2-and-3-fx-1235916278/
This just seems incredibly dumb...

‘Raven’s Home’ Gets Spinoff Pilot Under Raven-Symoné Deal With Disney Branded Television As Series Ends After 6 Seasons  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/ravens-home-canceled-spinoff-pilot-alice-in-the-palace-raven-symone-deal-disney-branded-television-1235917704/
Oh, good lord, this sounds terrible!
At least it sounds like Raven won't be on the show proper.

John Cena To Host Discovery Channel’s Shark Week  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/john-cena-host-shark-week-discovery-channel-1235917482/
As "Peacemaker"?!...

‘The Last Of Us’: HBO Teases First Look At Season 2 In New Photos  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-last-of-us-season-2-photos-1235917203/
Coming soon to HBO: In <s>2026!</s> 2027!!

‘Welcome To Wrexham’ Renewed For Season 4 At FX  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/welcome-to-wrexham-renewed-season-4-fx-1235916236/
I guess... Arthur(?) will be pleased(?).

Selena Gomez Reveals Title Of ‘Wizards Of Waverly Place’ Spinoff; Drops First-Look Photos [Disney Channel]  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/selena-gomez-rfirst-look-photos-wizards-of-waverly-place-spinoff-title-1235916349/
 >:/

‘Yellowjackets’ Season 3 Starts Filming As Showtime Teases New Photos  From The Set  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/yellowjackets-season-3-starts-filming-showtime-1235916704/
Doesn't matter - I think I am done with this one: between the most important "adult" cast member leaving, and them not casting Jennifer Beals as "adult Lottie", and them trying to stretch this out to 5 seasons, they've majorly f*cked this series up.

‘House Of The Dragon’ Official Trailer Revealed; “F­k Dignity. I Want Revenge’ [HBO]  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/house-of-the-dragon-official-trailer-season-2-hbo-1235915551/
Me too!!
(Will watch!  :>  )

     Streaming service news--Disney+
  ‘Agatha All Along’ Stars Kathryn Hahn, Joe Locke & Patti LuPone Tease Disney+ Series: “It Looks Like A 100 Million Dollar Movie”  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/agatha-all-along-kathryn-hahn-joe-locke-patti-lupone-tease-disney-series-1235916758/
I guess I will probably watch this, though I'm not expecting much.

Marvel Teases Disney+ Release Dates For ‘Agatha All Along,’ ‘Daredevil: Born Again’ & ‘Ironheart’  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/marvel-premiere-dates-agatha-all-along-daredevil-born-again-ironheart-1235916398/
OTOH, I plan on skipping the last two...

     Streaming service news--Hulu
  ‘Reasonable Doubt’ Sets [Season 2] Premiere Date; Drops First-Look Photos  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/reasonable-doubt-premiere-date-first-look-photos-1235920717/
Probably won't be able to fit it in...

Hulu Content Boss On Possible Play For ‘Family Guy’ Originals, Canceled ABC Shows & Cross-Platform Spinoffs  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/hulu-family-guy-station-19-canceled-abc-series-spinoffs-1235916047/
Again, totally non-committal - basically didn't even answer the question!

Andrew McCarthy’s Brat Pack Documentary ‘Brats’ Sets Hulu Premiere Date (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/brat-pack-documentary-brats-sets-premiere-date-hulu-1235914607/
Hmmmm...

     Streaming service news--Max
  ‘Dune: Prophecy’ Teaser Released As Prequel Series Gets Fall Premiere On Max  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/dune-prophecy-teaser-premiere-date-prequel-max-1235916769/
 ["From the expansive universe of 'Dune,' created by author Frank Herbert, and set 10,000 years before the ascension of Paul Atreides, 'Dune: Prophecy' (fka 'Dune: The Sisterhood') is inspired by the novel 'Sisterhood Of Dune,' written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. It follows two Harkonnen sisters as they combat forces that threaten the future of humankind, and establish the fabled sect that will become known as the Bene Gesserit."]
OK, will probably check this out.

‘Conan O’Brien Must Go’ Renewed For Season 2 At Max  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/conan-obrien-must-go-renewed-season-2-max-1235916752/
But how can they renew it if they murder him every episode?!?!!

Ads On HBO? Max Looks To Become Much More Than That As It Gains Commercial Traction  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/max-advertising-streaming-hbo-warner-bros-1235916977/
Just f**k this trend...  :/

     Streaming service news--Netflix
  Netflix Ad Tier Hits 40M Monthly Active Users, Nearly Double Its Scale At Start Of 2024  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/netflix-advertising-40-million-monthly-active-users-streaming-upfront-1235918010/
Again, just f**king f**k this trend.

Kristen Bell-Adam Brody Netflix Comedy Gets Title, Premiere Date & First-Look Photo  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/kristen-bell-adam-brody-netflix-comedy-title-premiere-date-nobody-wants-this-1235918074/
 ["'Nobody Wants This' is a comedy centered on the unlikely relationship between an outspoken, agnostic woman, Joanne (Bell), and an unconventional rabbi, Noah (Brody)."]
:|
Sounds kitschy.

Kevin Williamson’s Family Drama Series ‘The Waterfront’ Lands At Netflix   (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/kevin-williamson-the-waterfront-netflix-1235917808/
 ["Inspired by true events, 'The Waterfront' dives into the flawed Buckley family as their attempts to retain control of their crumbling North Carolina fishing empire drive them to increasingly dangerous means to keep themselves afloat."]
really?...  :|

Tim McGraw To Lead Untitled Bull Riding Drama Series For Netflix  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/tim-mcgraw-bull-riding-drama-series-netflix-1235917797/
 ["Set in the fierce, competitive world of bull riding, the series follows a megastar champion (Tim McGraw) facing a life-or-death crossroads when confronted by the arrival of a fearless young rider whose very existence challenges his ways and unearths secrets that force him to reckon with his past."]
Again - It sounds like they're just remaking Hallmark's "Ride" TV series...

‘3 Body Problem’ Picked Up For New Episodes To Conclude Story  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/3-body-problem-renewed-season-2-netflix-1235917828/
Love how non-committal that is! No "season #2", even!!

Netflix Lands NFL Christmas Day Games In Latest Step-Up In Sports  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/netflix-nfl-christmas-day-games-streaming-1235917212/
Horrible development.
NFL should *always* be free, over-the-air.

‘Happy Gilmore’ Sequel Greenlighted At Netflix  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/happy-gilmore-sequel-greenlighted-netflix-1235918040/
Again - I think this is a terrible idea.

Lacey Chabert To Topline Netflix Holiday Rom-Com ‘Hot Frosty’; Dustin Milligan, Joe Lo Truglio & Craig Robinson Among Others Set  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/lacey-chabert-to-topline-hot-frosty-rom-com-netflix-1235912192/
 ["Written by Russell Hainline (The Santa Summit), the film picks up with Cathy two years after losing her husband, as she magically brings a handsome snowman to life. Through his naïveté, the snowman helps Cathy to laugh, feel and love again, as the two fall for each other just in time for the holidays…and before he melts."]
If done right, this could be really *dark*. But I'm guessing that's not what Netflix will be going for...  :/

Carrie-Anne Moss Joins Arnold Schwarzenegger In ‘Fubar’ Season 2  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/carrie-anne-moss-arnold-schwarzenegger-fubar-season-2-1235913837/
Cool(?)!

     Streaming service news--Paramount+
  ‘Lioness’: Thad Luckinbill Upped To Series Regular For Season 2  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/lioness-thad-luckinbill-series-regular-season-2-1235921155/
That reminds me - I need to watch this.

‘Mayor Of Kingstown’ Producers Had To Make Changes For Still-Recovering Jeremy Renner  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/mayor-of-kingstown-producers-changes-recovering-jeremy-renner-1235921813/
And maybe this...

‘Criminal Minds: Evolution’ Trailer, Key Art Unveiled Ahead Of Next Month’s Bow  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/criminal-minds-evolution-trailer-key-art-1235920066/
But probably not this (unless I go for just some select episodes to sample...)

‘South Park: The End Of Obesity’ Sets Paramount+ Premiere Date ­ Watch The Teaser  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/south-park-the-end-of-obesity-sets-premiere-date-paramount-1235917936/
Oh, they should have fun with that!

     Streaming service news--Peacock
  ‘Those About To Die’: First Look At Anthony Hopkins & More In Roland Emmerich’s Roman Empire Series  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/those-about-to-die-ensemble-serie-first-look-images-1235921708/
Looking forward to this!

Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie Reunite For New Reality Series At Peacock (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/paris-hilton-nicole-richie-reality-series-peacock-1235914420/\
But not to this!!

     Streaming service news--Prime Video
  ‘Maxton Hall ­ The World Between Us’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon After German Series Breaks Prime Video Viewing Records  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/maxton-hall-the-world-between-us-amazon-prime-video-season-2-1235920302/
I'm guessing it's mostly because the lead girl is pretty.  ;p

‘Silk: Spider Society’ Series Not Going Forward At Amazon  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/silk-spider-society-dead-amazon-marvel-1235919257/
Shocker.

Will Ferrell, Reese Witherspoon ‘You’re Cordially Invited’ Comedy Teaser Arrives From Prime Video  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/will-ferrell-reese-witherspoon-youre-cordially-invited-teaser-prime-video-1235918533/
 ["The plot: A woman (Reese Witherspoon) planning her sister’s perfect wedding and the father (Ferrell) of a young bride-to-be find out that they are double booked for their destination wedding at a remote resort on an island off the Carolina coast. When both parties decide to share the small venue, chaos ensues."]
This could be good... Or it could be very not good.

‘Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power’ Season 2 To Debut In August; Sauron Unleashed In Gritty Teaser Trailer  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/rings-of-power-season-2-premiere-date-trailer-1235914740/
  ‘Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power’ Season 2: Everything We Know So Far  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/lord-of-the-rings-rings-of-power-season-2-release-date-cast-1235916036/
Any news about competent writers who actually respect Tolkien's work?!
(All that said, I may very well rewatch season #1 of this series before season #2, as I bet it will look fabulous on the new OLED!!)

Amazon Execs Paul Kotas & Mike Hopkins Kick Off Tech Giant’s First Upfront, Touting Prime Video As A “One-Stop Shop” For Viewers And Advertisers  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/amazon-upfront-mike-hopkins-paul-kotas-streaming-advertising-1235915381/
Yeah - they are really trying to ruin Prime Video at the speed of light.

‘Legally Blonde’ Prequel Series ‘Elle’ Ordered By Amazon From Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/legally-blonde-prequel-series-elle-amazon-reese-witherspoon-hello-sunshine-1235914815/
Horrible idea!

‘The Summer I Turned Pretty’ Returning To Amazon With Expanded 11-Episode Season 3 In 2025  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-summer-i-turned-pretty-season-3-premiere-2025-expanded-episodes-1235915309/
Again: That's almost a real TV "season"!!

‘Mr. & Mrs. Smith’ Renewed For Season 2 At Prime Video  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/mr-and-mrs-smith-renewal-season-2-prime-video-1235914983/
Again: I liked that this is an anthology: it increases the odds I may actually watch season #2 (casting-dependent)...

‘The Boys’ Renewed For Season 5 At Amazon  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-boys-renewed-season-5-amazon-1235914651/
I beat Robin!!

Aldis Hodge-Led ‘Cross’ Confirms Early Season 2 Renewal As First Teaser Trailer Drops  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/aldis-hodge-cross-season-2-renewal-teaser-trailer-1235914986/
Looking forward to it!

Spider-Man ‘Noir’ Starring Nicolas Cage Gets Amazon Series Order  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/spider-man-noir-live-action-series-amazon-nicolas-cage-1235914747/
Sweet!!

     Streaming service news--Other services
  ‘The Bay’ Casts Patrick Muldoon & Jennifer Taylor As Mike Manning’s Parents [Popstar TV!]  (May 15)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-bay-casts-patrick-muldoon-jennifer-taylor-mike-manning-parents-1235917190/
It amuses me that "The Bay" is apparently still around... (What season are they up to?!!)

Roku Snags Major League Baseball Rights, Sets Slate Of Free Games To Stream In Early Sunday Window  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/roku-major-league-baseball-free-streaming-sunday-games-1235914515/
F*** this trend too!

‘Daredevil’ Star Deborah Ann Woll To Lead Horror ‘The Cycle’ For Tea Shop; Shudder Pre-Buys US, UK, Australia ­ Cannes Market  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/deborah-ann-woll-daredevil-horror-movie-cycle-shudder-deals-1235913849/
 ["In the film, when the body of a man missing for thirty-six years is discovered at the scene of a horrific crime, it’s up to his estranged daughter to unravel his dark past."]
Damn you, Shudder!!  [shaking fist]

     International series news
  ‘Motherland’ Spinoff ‘Amandaland’ Set At BBC  (May 18)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/amandaland-bbc-motherland-spin-off-1235921948/
Well, I do like Lucy Punch...

     Ratings
  Disney Leads TV Viewing In April; ‘Fallout’ Boosts Amazon Streaming Share With Record Viewership, Nielsen Says  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/disney-leads-tv-fallout-amazon-viewership-nielsen-april-1235915892/
  ‘Fallout’ Scores Another Record Week For Prime Video; ‘Baby Reindeer’ Gets Mega Viewing Boost Onto Nielsen Streaming Charts  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/fallout-record-nielsen-viewership-prime-video-baby-reindeer-netflix-1235920016/
I hope Prime doesn't take the wrong less from "Fallout's" success, and start negelcting shows like "Reacher" and "Cross"...

     The business of TV
  Disney CEO Bob Iger Says Linear TV Can Be Managed In Decline With “Dramatically” Lower Content Spend  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/disney-ceo-bob-iger-linear-television-managed-lower-content-spend-1235917118/
Yeah, no, that's not the answer - the answer is that they need to *fold lots of the channels*, leaving just a few. And those few they *will* need to continue to broadcast original programming.

Disney-Fox-WBD Streaming Joint Venture Gets A Name: Venu Sports  (May 16)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/disney-fox-warner-bros-discovery-streaming-joint-venture-venu-sports-1235918904/
This is what they came up with?!?!!

Comcast To Offer New Peacock, Netflix & Apple TV+ Streaming Bundle, CEO Says  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/comcast-peacock-netflix-apple-tv-streaming-bundle-1235915222/
I am just waiting for the streamers to start demanding longer-term contracts - at this point, I think it is inevitable...

Upfronts 2024: Procedurals, Sitcoms & Missing Persons On 20th Anniversary Of Greatest TV Season  (May 12)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/upfronts-2024-analysis-scripted-broadcast-series-procedurals-sitcoms-missing-persons-1235912496/
Was 2004 the last "good" TV season (for broadcast)?... I would say no. But broadcast really took a dive after 2010, and the bottom really fell out after 2015. "Linear" TV has not been but a shadow of its former self over the last decade...

     Obituaries
  Dabney Coleman Remembered By Hollywood As A Transcendent Talent  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/dabney-coleman-remembered-as-transcendent-talent-1235921739/
  Dabney Coleman Dies: ‘Tootsie,’ ‘9 To 5’, ‘WarGames’ & ‘Buffalo Bill’ Actor Was 92  (May 17)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/dabney-coleman-dead-tootsie-1235921436/
:(
He was a favorite of mine from the 1980s.
That said, I can recall that I've seen him in anything in a long, long time... (Though apparently he was on "Yellowstone", which I do not watch.)

Hollywood Remembers Roger Corman As A Man Who Got Films Made  (May 12)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/hollywood-remembers-roger-corman-1235912882/
  Roger Corman Dies: ‘The Little Shop Of Horrors’ Director & Independent Filmmaker Was 98  (May 11)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/roger-corman-dead-independent-filmmaker-1235912737/
:(
(Though 98 is an insanely good run.)

     Other News
  Casey Wilson Talks ‘Happy Endings’ Revival Plans As She Launches Podcast With Adam Pally  (May 18)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/casey-wilson-talks-happy-endings-revival-plans-launches-podcast-adam-pally-1235922629/
Very skeptical that this will ever happen. (Or, indeed, even *should* happen!)

‘The Guiding Light’ Star Kim Zimmer Has Real-Life Illness That Her Character Faced  (May 18)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-guiding-light-star-kim-zimmer-cancer-that-her-character-faced-1235922500/
:(

Jimmy Kimmel Targets Bob Iger, ‘Blue Bloods,’ P Diddy & Golden Bachelorette At Disney Upfront: “A Game Show Where You Can Win An Old Lady”  (May 14)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/jimmy-kimmel-jokes-disney-upfront-2024-1235916144/
Raise your hands if you find Jimminy Kimmel funny?!...
[crickets...]
(See what I did there!  ;>  )

‘Downton Abbey 3’ Underway With Paul Giamatti, Joely Richardson, Alessandro Nivola & More Joining Cast  (May 13)
 https://deadline.com/2024/05/downton-abbey-3-movie-cast-1235913687/
Yikes.
(And another "long series", like "Bosch", that I intend to get to one of these days, but will probably not find the time for anytime soon...)