Re: ping anim

Sujet : Re: ping anim
De : dtravel (at) *nospam* sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 20. May 2024, 03:17:04
On 5/19/2024 4:04 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
On Sat, 18 May 2024 20:45:47 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

I just saw two news stories from your area. The one about the guy
shooting his own baby in Surprise was bad enough but surely wouldn't
impact you directly. But there was another headline that I can't
find now about a wildfire somewhere north of Scottsdale. I didn't
find out how far away it is though so I have no idea if it is
spitting distance or hours away. You don't have to evacuate do you?

 From that video of the guy driving the Tesla around Scottsdale, I
got the impression you're a good long way from a major forest but
maybe the terrain changes closer to your home.

Scottsdale is 27 miles north to south and 13 miles east to west at its
widest point although most of it is skinnier than that. I used to be
in central Scottsdale, but the city keeps expanding north and now I
find myself in South Scottsdale without moving. The wildfires would
be at the north end so, at least 20 miles away from me. Where I live
is houses and asphalt and then there’s the Indian reservation which
looks like a nuclear test site where nothing grows for 100 miles.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTViKIANvsIxABM_kPdwAG2p3bbYpqFz_ZzxvDAcU-UifJWAogWmCK-vllxUOoKIN66BmSaTQ

As my brother would put it, Scottsdale seems to be surrounded by "a
whole lot of nothing much". (He coined that when we were driving
through northern North Dakota which is similarly desolate for many,
many long miles as you travel across the state parallel to the
Canadian border.)
 To the west, we blend seamlessly with Phoenix. To the south there are a few
miles of Baron nothingness before you get to Tempe. You’ve seen how there’s
nothing but nothing to the east and of course on the north end is the
endless wildfire belt.
 Is it just me or would “Baron Nothingness” be an excellent name for a rock
band?

Sounds more like a porn star name to me.
--
I've done good in this world. Now I'm tired and just want to be a cranky dirty old man.