Re: Selected programming for June 1-4, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for June 1-4, 2024
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 02. Jun 2024, 01:02:55
Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

Your Honor       (complete series)      (Netflix, May 31)

A respected judge's life descends into a thorny web of lies and
cover-ups after his son flees a fatal car accident. Stars Bryan
Cranston, Hope Davis, Michael Stuhlbarg, Lilli Kay, Isiah Whitlock Jr.,
and Benjamin Flores Jr. Two seasons aired on Showtime in 2020 and 2023;
this completed the series. 20 one-hour episodes.

I think I watched two episodes of season two, then forgot. I was
unenthusiastic after Bill Idgerant's negative review.

Patrick Melrose     (complete miniseries)        (Netflix, May 29)

In the years after his father's death, a man [Benedict Cumberbatch]
reckons with the damage and addictions linked to his affluent upbringing
in a toxic family. Also stars Jennifer Jason Leigh, Hugo Weaving, Anna
Madeley, Holliday Grainger, and Jessica Raine. 2018 US [Showtime]/UK
[Sky] co-production; five one-hour episodes.

I watched this. I remember nothing about it.

For Love & Honey       (movie)           (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Beekeeper Eva uncovers an ancient fresco while rescuing a hive. Austen,
a visiting archeologist, thinks it is key to his research, so he
persuades Eva to help him on his quest across Malta. Stars Andrew Walker
and Margaret Clunie.

Sequel to the Jason Statham movie?

Ren Faire        [new]         (9 pm, HBO)

HBO's comedic docuseries follows a group of employees at the world's
largest Renaissance festival as they vie to succeed the company's
retiring 86-year-old leader. The three-part series concludes next Sunday
with episodes at 9 and 10 pm.

This involves lances and beheadings?