Re: Selected programming for June 1-4, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for June 1-4, 2024
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 04. Jun 2024, 15:56:01
On Sun, 2 Jun 2024 08:21:43 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

Note: The programming list for Wednesday through Friday will be
released later.

Previously released:

Chabuka       (movie)     (Netflix, May 31)

Biopic that immerses us in the life of Peruvian TV host Ernesto
Pimentel. A man who defied social conventions to become an icon of
Peruvian television with his character of "La Chola Chabuca," an
Andean woman full of humor and charm. 2024 Peruvian film; 1hr 53m.

Ugh

Patrick Melrose     (complete miniseries)        (Netflix, May 29)

In the years after his father's death, a man [Benedict Cumberbatch]

Saturday, June 1

Streaming:

Broadcast and cable:

Dinner and a Movie      [new; reboot]         (8 pm, TBS)

Actor Jason Biggs ("American Pie," "Orange Is the New Black") and
"The New York Times" bestselling author Jenny Mollen will host the
network's revival of the popular series "Dinner and a Movie."
Featuring new episodes every Saturday, the longtime off-screen
couple will co-host "Dinner and a Movie" beginning with the DC
blockbuster "Aquaman" starring Jason Momoa. Married for over 15
years, Biggs and Mollen will bring their shared love of film and
food to TBS fans every Saturday night with a can't-miss party that
includes fun games, delicious food and some of the biggest film
blockbusters.

Maybe, now that that traitor Hanoi Jane isn’t censoring the program
choices.

The Life and Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson     [new]        (8 pm,
Lifetime Channel)

This documentary provides an opportunity for Nicole’s own narrative
and voice to be heard

How? Did they hire a medium?

Sunday, June 2

May the Best Wedding Win       (movie)         (7 pm, UPtv)

I can’t get UP

I'm sorry to hear that! Have you spoken to your doctor? I understand
there are lots of treatments these days.... ;-)

Monday, June 3

Streaming:

I.S.S.        (movie; streaming premiere)        (3:01 am,
Paramount+)

Tensions flare in the near future aboard the International Space
Station as a conflict breaks out on Earth. Reeling, the U.S. and
Russian astronauts receive orders from the ground: take control of
the station by any means necessary. 2023 film; 1h 35m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13655120/    [rating 5.3]

I watched this a month or two ago. It wasn’t very good.

Broadcast and cable:

The 1% Club          [new]         (9 pm, Fox)

They are advertising this heavily. Not only does it not look very
good but I hate Patton Oswalt so…

Tuesday, June 4

Streaming:

Broadcast and cable:

None.

Well, it looks like we’re on our own again boys and girls.

--
Rhino