[NEWS] "Peaky Blinders" follow-on movie coming to Netflix

Sujet : [NEWS] "Peaky Blinders" follow-on movie coming to Netflix
De : YourName (at) *nospam* YourISP.com (Your Name)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 04. Jun 2024, 22:58:54
From Variety.com ...
    'Peaky Blinders' Film Officially Set at Netflix
    With Cillian Murphy to Star and Produce
    Thomas Shelby is back.
    Oscar winner Cillian Murphy will return as the fearsome
    gangster in a "Peaky Blinders" film at Netflix, directed
    by Tom Harper ("Heart of Stone," "Wild Rose"), who
    directed episodes of the first season in 2013.
    "It seems like Tommy Shelby wasn't finished with me... It
    is very gratifying to be recollaborating with Steven
    Knight and Tom Harper on the film version of 'Peaky
    Blinders.' This is one for the fans," Murphy said.
    "When I first directed 'Peaky Blinders' over 10 years
    ago, we didn't know what the series would become, but we
    did know that there was something in the alchemy of the
    cast and the writing that felt explosive. 'Peaky' has
    always been a story about family - and so it's incredibly
    exciting to be reuniting with Steve and Cillian to bring
    the movie to audiences across the world on Netflix,"
    Harper added.
    The continuation of the saga, set in the lawless streets
    of Birmingham in the 1900s, has been written by the
    show's creator, Steven Knight, who will co-produce
    alongside Murphy, Caryn Mandabach and Guy Heeley.
    Executive producers include Harper, David Kosse, Jamie
    Glazebrook, Andrew Warren and David Mason.
    "I'm genuinely thrilled that this movie is about to
    happen," Knight said. "It will be an explosive chapter in
    the 'Peaky Blinders' story. No holds barred. Full on
    'Peaky Blinders' at war."
    Plot details and further casting remain under wraps. The
    film goes into production later this year, and will be made
    in association with BBC Film.
    Deadline was first to report the news.
    <https://variety.com/2024/film/news/peaky-blinders-movie-netflix-cillian-murphy-1236025188/>