Re: Streaming(/Cable) Rant: ANIMAL CONTROL

Sujet : Re: Streaming(/Cable) Rant: ANIMAL CONTROL
De : ijball (at) *nospam* mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 10. Jun 2024, 21:53:10
On 6/10/24 12:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:

So, after finishing off "Night Court" (2023) season #2, I next intended
to tackle FOX's "Animal Control", starring Joel McHale.

The short answer: I basically can't do it.

"Animal Control" season #1 (which I obviously would want to watch first)
is not available on any streamer, nor via Spectrum (OnDemand).

Hulu does not have it. They have season #2 now. But what's frustrating
is that they had season #1 in the past. No longer. So no season #1 from
Hulu at all.

There is no longer a "FOX (network)" app - FOXNOW looks to be defunct,
suggesting that you go elsewhere, to other apps, like Tubi... or Hulu.

Speaking of Tubi - surprisingly to me, they don't have "Animal Control"
either. I want to say that they did, some months back. But they don't
have season #1 either.

And Spectrum OnDemand is like Hulu - only season #2 is available.

FOX (TV network) seems to be f*cked. They don't have a standalone
streamer (Tubi comes the closest), so apparently there is now no way to
look at previous seasons of shows like "Animal Control".

This seems like a major marketing FAIL - I am now not going to watch a
show I otherwise would have watched because I can't get access to its
season #1 (without paying an arm and a leg to Apple TV to).

It amazes me that Fox doesn't just stick stuff like this on Tubi - they
would get ad revenue for it, and they could just leave it there. (Maybe
their deal with Hulu prevents this?!...)

Fox better figure this sh*t out if they want to not go the way of The
CW(sic).
 Apple has both seasons, although I can’t tell if they would be free or not
with your plan.
They're not free on Apple TV, which is what I say above...