Re: [OT] Eco-loons deface Stonehenge even though it has no part in generating carbon

Sujet : Re: [OT] Eco-loons deface Stonehenge even though it has no part in generating carbon
De : no_offline_contact (at) *nospam* example.com (Rhino)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 22. Jun 2024, 17:31:21
On Sat, 22 Jun 2024 05:51:22 -0700
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
On Fri, 21 Jun 2024 18:43:12 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

Leo Kearse gives some background on the loonies who splashed
Stonehenge,  World Heritage Site, with paint just before the annual
Summer Solstice celebration. He points out that Just Stop Oil's
principal backer is a multi-millionaire green energy provider who
is funding the incoming Labour government to squash his
competitors in the field of energy supply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBJ_cGVFKwg [8 minutes]

Nevertheless, I would be entirely happy with them spending serious
time in the Tower of London - and I don't mean in the exhibition
areas where the tourists go. (I'm thinking the portion of the
castle where Anne Boleyn and Katherine Howard got to stay)

Bottom line is that it's an appalling cultural crime - up there with
defiling the portion of the British Library where the most important
documents are held.

I would be utterly opposed to any scintilla of mercy in this case -
this is as clear a situation as I can imagine for the proverbial
book to be thrown at them.

I don't know if the "activists" have even been charged for their
vandalism let alone if they will face any consequences for it.
Other acts of cultural vandalism in Britain have been largely
ignored so it will be surprising if these clowns get even a mild
slap on the wrist.

The 80 species of rare lichen that live on Stonehenge may not get
away so lightly. Apparently, the stuff that the vandals sprayed
may be destructive to those life forms. But hey, that's okay if
your heart is in the right place, and the vandals are sure they
did right.

Oh bull. Don't do the crime if you're unwilling to do the time.

And keep your eye on the sparrow!

I feel sure that's a reference to a line from a movie or TV series but
I must have missed that show because it's not ringing a bell. Care to
enlighten me?

--
Rhino