Re: Selected programming for June 22-25, 2024

Sujet : Re: Selected programming for June 22-25, 2024
De : ahk (at) *nospam* chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 23. Jun 2024, 02:34:45
Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
On 6/22/24 2:00 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

Orphan Black: Echoes         [new]           (10 pm, AMC/BBC America)

Set in the same world as "Orphan Black," which ended its five-season run
in 2017, "Echoes" comes from a different writer (Anna Fishko, Fear the
Walking Dead), though original series co-creator John Fawcett is on
board as a producer and director. Another key change: The new series
features an all-new cast and characters as it jumps forward in time to
the year 2052, when a mysterious new cloning experiment leaves a group
of women attempting to figure out who they are. Krysten Ritter heads a
cast that also includes Keeley Hawes, James Hiroyuki Liao, Rya
Kihlstedt, and Reed Diamond.
[snip]

Ten episodes running through August 25. The entire series will be shown
on both AMC and BBC America.

The original was such a mess that not even Maslany could save it. So
there's no way I'm watching this just for Krysten Ritter.

Still I liked Helena's approach to problems.