Re: Snopes Finally Debunks Left-Wing Claim of "Very Fine People" in Charlottesville

Sujet : Re: Snopes Finally Debunks Left-Wing Claim of "Very Fine People" in Charlottesville
De : NoBody (at) *nospam* nowhere.com (NoBody)
Groupes : rec.arts.tv
Date : 29. Jun 2024, 16:23:44
On Fri, 28 Jun 2024 19:39:52 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

It's seven years after the fact and the damage has long since been done, but
the left-wing fact checkers at Snopes have finally come out and admitted the
whole claim that Trump called neo-Nazis "very fine people" was a hoax. I have
no idea why, but credit where it's due, I suppose?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-very-fine-people/

Eh

It's another example of the more Trump talked, the more he buried
himself. There was no way for him to win. He should have ignored it, or
limited his comments to condemning the murder.

I don't put the "let's go beat up Nazis" counterprotestors on a high
moral plane. As far as I could tell, the protestors on both sides had
pretty low morals.

I've personally objected to the removal of Civil War monuments making
the generals god-like, but MY reason is rather different than the
neo-Nazis: I don't think the modern generation should be re-writing
history. A past generation erected those monuments and we need to look
the ugliness of American history square in the face so we never forget
that Civil War generals were honored by certain Americans for the modern
politics of that era.

I despite prettying up history. Trump was still wrong.

And yet the media line on this subject is FINALLY debunked and you
blame Trump.