Giant structure in space

Sujet : Giant structure in space
De : mortimer (at) *nospam* VivoBook.X512D (Mortimer Houghton)
Groupes : sci.astro
Date : 27. May 2024, 19:20:32
https://cosmosmagazine.com/space/astronomy/giant-structure-space-universe/

Ultra-large scale structure forms a ring of galaxies 1.3 billion light-years
across, all with same redshift.  Around this ring is a giant arc of galaxies
3.3 billion light-years across that follows the same curvature of the ring.
It is difficult for current cosmology to adequately explain how such enormous
intergalactic structures could be formed or what event may have precipitated
them in the early universe.
--
There are the known knowns, things we know we know;
and the known unknowns, things we know we do not know;