Re: power shortages

Sujet : Re: power shortages
De : cd (at) *nospam* notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 09. Mar 2024, 02:50:12
On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 15:32:47 -0800, Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com>
wrote:

On 3/7/24 7:13 AM, John Larkin wrote:
  https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/amid-explosive-demand-america-is-running-out-of-power/ar-BB1jtM69
 Increasing demand and declining reliable supply could put people in
the dark.
 Bitcoin mining is insane. AI, probably, too.

Like the scouts say, be prepared. For me that means a wood stove for heating, a generator, a LiFePO4 battery, a solar panel for that, and a swamp cooler that runs on very little power. Plus lots of rechargeable lights with exchangeable 19650 cells.

Oh, and ham radio. When the power goes the cell service usually knocks off 15-200mins later. Landlines drop immediately due to that wonderful VoIP stuff. That's when I hope neighbors will remember the house with the strange antennas in case someone has a heart attack, a stroke, a fire or something else that requires help.
Indeed. A shortwave radio may be the only means of exchanging
information over long distances when TSHTF.