Re: US Election Year!

Sujet : Re: US Election Year!
De : bill.sloman (at) *nospam* ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 12. Mar 2024, 15:17:12
On 12/03/2024 11:34 pm, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 19:20:38 -0700, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 00:10:11 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 16:49:10 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:50:18 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 13:44:10 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 20:09:09 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:49:42 -0700, John Larkin <jl@997PotHill.com> wrote:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 11:26:34 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote:
<snip>

Politics is boring, and your tiny little vote will have on effect on
anything.
 You find it boring. Others clearly don't! And I don't vote.

But you can design something that works.
 I'm just a hobbyist. Okay, I've had many decades of experience with
electronics, but I'm no designer. I don't think that way.
Neither does John Larkin. He can put together circuits that work, but he doesn't seem to be able to design them.
He never talks about the ripping up and starting over process that is an integral part of real design, and he's strangely unwilling to justify the choices he made in the circuits that he does boast about here.
There's an element of design where you work out how something that you have slung together actually works, and that process often lets you change it so that it works better, but it's not easy to talk about - pretty much impossible while you are doing it, and it take an effort when you are writing it up after you have got it sorted out.
Natural language didn't evolve to do that kind of work, and while we can exploit natural language to document unusual activities, it takes ingenuity.
--
Bill Sloman, Sydney