Re: OT: Where will it go?

Sujet : Re: OT: Where will it go?
De : cd (at) *nospam* notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 12. Mar 2024, 23:19:57
On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:51:35 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

On a sunny day (Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:22:32 +0000) it happened Cursitor Doom
<cd@notformail.com> wrote in <t7i0vilp7hotbe2alnse53ij9onl62jb5s@4ax.com>:

On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 05:50:48 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

Research sheds light on new strategy to treat infertility
OHSU research advances technique to turn a skin cell into an egg; could help same-sex couples, others have children genetically
related to both parents
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240308142739.htm

Now where will it go?

Read Huxley much?

Did you mean Aldous Huxley?
Never read about him or things he wrote, so google gave me his link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley
interesting, seems he got addicted in the end, wanted LSD on his deathbed?

I don't believe it's possible to become addicted to LSD. Huxley wanted
it once again on his deathbed to make a horrible demise into something
special. Just for old times sake.

but I do recognize some things in his thinking..
Went trough similar things, never got addicted though always rationalize.
Maybe my will is too strong.
My father used to say: Where there is a will there is a way.
To go full circle to the skin and egg thing... may even become the normal
But human + chicken egg? LOL Who knows

Huxley's work was *so* much more than The Doors of Perception. I
suggest you read Brave New World, then you'll see the relevance of my
initial comment. It's all about that future.