Re: grrrrrr

Sujet : Re: grrrrrr
De : legg (at) *nospam* nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 13:54:19
On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:35:54 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

Why do people have online data sheet files called   media.pdf   or
mfr.pdf  ?

Why does TI have app notes and eval board manuals like  sluubo1.pdf?

Why do I have to fill out a form to see a data sheet or an online
magazine? It's easier to not.

Why are a lot of Digikey's datasheet links broken or useless?

Why do some data sheets not even name the manufacturer?

"The easiest thing in the world is not to sell'"
- Melvin Goldstein

A lot of mfrs don't want anyone distributing their data sheets
for them, hence the links or altered forms. Copyright or rev/doc
control issues?

Docs for north american market aren't a priority, when 80% of
product is designed, made (and repaired?)off-shore.

Publications?             $ or lack of.

I've had EDN and EPD reps on the phone three times in seven
days, verifying mailing address, though they haven't delivered
a hard copy to any of my addresses in the last 30yrs.
Everyone else and their dog got one. Boohoohoo.

You figure they'd be able to recognize a return from direct
email solicitation and just cough up the article. Could be
the browser, but hey . . . .

Bodo Power keeps re-publishing stuff with illegible illustrations.
You have to ask for a 'good' one.

RL