Re: grrrrrr

Sujet : Re: grrrrrr
De : mr.spock (at) *nospam* spockmall.net (jim whitby)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 14. Mar 2024, 21:17:09
On 3/14/2024 11:07 AM, John Larkin wrote:
On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 07:54:19 -0400, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:35:54 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

Why do people have online data sheet files called   media.pdf   or
mfr.pdf  ?

Why does TI have app notes and eval board manuals like  sluubo1.pdf?

Why do I have to fill out a form to see a data sheet or an online
magazine? It's easier to not.

Why are a lot of Digikey's datasheet links broken or useless?

Why do some data sheets not even name the manufacturer?

"The easiest thing in the world is not to sell'"
- Melvin Goldstein

A lot of mfrs don't want anyone distributing their data sheets for
them, hence the links or altered forms. Copyright or rev/doc control
issues?

Easy not to sell. Another grrrr is data sheets with no rev or date ID.

They also seem to like to host them on the slowest servers imaginable
and still use FTP like it's the 90s.

gopher would work better.

--
Jim Whitby

Well, I'm a classic ANAL RETENTIVE!!  And I'm looking for a way to
VICARIOUSLY experience some reason to LIVE!!
Mageia release 9 (Official) for x86_64
6.6.18-server-1.mga9 unknown