Re: Ir remotes

Sujet : Re: Ir remotes
De : blockedofcourse (at) *nospam* foo.invalid (Don Y)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 20. May 2024, 09:15:52
On 5/20/2024 12:01 AM, Don Y wrote:
My understanding is that Ir remotes modulate an Ir "carrier" signal
in a particular pattern to express a particular "code" corresponding to
the key pressed/held.
 And, that different "chipsets" use different carriers and encodings.
 Is there a front-end that is tuned to the particular carrier
in the receiver?  Or, is all of this done "digitally"?
 I.e., with a fast-enough (Ir) photodetector, should I be able to
decode ANY signal from ANY "remote"?
And, before anyone mentions the obvious, I've already looked at lircd
which is the reason behind this post; why do they claim they can handle
ALMOST all remotes?  Is this a limitation of their hardware implementation?
Or, timing problems in the way they try to process the raw video signal?