LCD (large -- TV-ish) monitors with SOLID front surface?

Sujet : LCD (large -- TV-ish) monitors with SOLID front surface?
De : blockedofcourse (at) *nospam* foo.invalid (Don Y)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 07. Jun 2024, 21:43:59
I'm looking for a new monitor to back my electric whiteboard.
I've been using a plasma monitor (40" TV) up until now as it
has a hard front surface that can stand up to being "written on"
(with an invisible ink marker pen).
[Imagine your actions when writing on a "whiteboard"]
Most LCD (TVs) seem to have a really flimsy front surface.
I suspect the plasma's front screen is a (necessary) consequence
of the technology.  And, not essential for LCD.
Are there any offerings where this might NOT be the case?