Re: Omega

Sujet : Re: Omega
De : bill.sloman (at) *nospam* ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Groupes : sci.electronics.design
Date : 01. Jul 2024, 05:04:17
On 1/07/2024 2:45 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 07:38:19 -0700, john larkin wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 14:23:24 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 06:05:41 -0700, john larkin <jlarkin_highland_tech>
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 08:44:34 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:
<snip>

Today is San Francisco Pride Day (Dikes on Bikes and such) so it's a
good day to stay close to home. Traffic and parking and everything will
be a nightmare.

https://sfpride.org/parade

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j698pjo7jxm152zuzu4dx/Pink_Triangle.jpg?
rlkey=n4xinzzm39bms9w04syb7egkx&raw=1
 I went to one of those once in Berlin when I lived there. God almighty!
I've never seen such a complete and utter freak show in my entire life. I
just stood there gaping open-mouthed at the procession. It must have been
pretty obvious to any of those weirdos on the floats that I wasn't there
to celebrate them! I just find it bizarre that parents actually take their
kids to see this sort of thing and they're all waving their rainbow flags
and whatnot. No kids of mine would be allowed within a million miles of an
event like that. No wonder the God-fearing folks reckon the world's going
to hell in a handbasket. :(
Far from it. In Sydney we have a gay pride march down Oxford Street every year, which I've never watched (though it does show up on the TV news every year). A couple of my neighbours decorate a truck for the procession just outside the building ever year and I say hello to them if I go past them while they are working on it.
It keeps them happy, and NSW is a much better place now that the cops have been persuaded that gay-bashing isn't one of their duties, and now have a contingent marching in the procession.
I'm a bit surprised that freaks like you, with your unbounded passion for fatuous conspiracy theories, don't get together in the same sort of way to show off your unique talents.
Donald Trump's MAGA rallies probably qualify as much the same sort of celebration of rampant irrationality, but they don't get reported that way - or haven't so far.
--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
www.norton.com