I didn’t save you because you’re not important., ,Now, what he meant was:

Sujet : I didn’t save you because you’re not important., ,Now, what he meant was:
De : HenHanna (at) *nospam* devnull.tb (HenHanna)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 02. Sep 2024, 00:48:53
[This is a guest post from Brett Powley]
I ran into something recently that I thought might be log-worthy. My wife was watching Van Helsing, the TV series, and I heard one of the characters say this:
                  1.  I didn’t save you because you’re not important.
Now, what he meant was:
                  2.  I wouldn’t have saved you if you weren’t important.
--------------------   1 sounds weird,