Re: Alexander Graham Bell Day (7 March)

Sujet : Re: Alexander Graham Bell Day (7 March)
De : a24061 (at) *nospam* ducksburg.com (Adam Funk)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 11. Mar 2024, 13:04:55

On 2024-03-08, Adam Funk <a24061@ducksburg.com> wrote:

Not sure if this is verified, but I've heard that Bell wanted people
to say "Ahoy" when answering the phone.

That raises the question how Czech people answer the phone.

Around here, in this specific part of Germany, "ahoi" is the
traditional carnival greeting, so the everyday Czech use is initially
amusing.

Interesting, thanks. I didn't know either of those.

--
It is probable that television drama of high caliber and produced by
first-rate artists will materially raise the level of dramatic taste