Re: πie

Sujet : Re: πie
De : wugi (at) *nospam* brol.invalid (wugi)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 18. Mar 2024, 13:18:01
Op 17/03/2024 om 21:28 schreef HenHanna:
wugi wrote:

Just in case anyone missed it, but today is π-day.
Dunno if this could be considered a literary day, but you'd need all existing and non-existing books in the world to overwrite them with π's decimal expansion or what's it called.
Yet in principle one could serve π-pie at exact π-time, day-hour-second-etc-wise.
          did anyone do anything with  CADAE...  ?
    they also celebrate  the 6-28  day.         (FW has 628 pages)
    i'm  Pi-lingual. --  i suppose this is common for ppl here, at Sci.Lang
  Pi Day (March 14th)
 Celebrates the mathematical constant pi (π), which represents the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.
 The date (3/14) reflects the first three digits of pi (3.14).
 Popular ways to celebrate include eating pie (a delicious pun!), memorizing decimal places of pi, and attending pi-themed events.
 Pi-lingual == A play on words combining "pi" with "multilingual."
[...]
I'd expect '... with "bi-lingual".'
Let's celebrate some more math days, eg:
Thue-Morse [or Abba] days (and dates) of the form
ab/ba, or
ab/ba/baab.
And
4/12
(Am. or Eur.;) for their (and Prouhet's) constant.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prouhet%E2%80%93Thue%E2%80%93Morse_constant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thue%E2%80%93Morse_sequence
My ("Thue-Morse") "Fraktet" BTW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGZ2aG_yviU&list=PL5xDSSE1qfb6ybEuZ5XWxpKUIFKdO9rK7&index=13
Also Piano Day
29/03 (or 03/29),
the 88th day, incidentally my birthday (maybe that's why I like playing some :o).
Oh bother, this year it's
28/03.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Day
--