Re: OK Day (23 March)

Sujet : Re: OK Day (23 March)
De : kehoea (at) *nospam* parhasard.net (Aidan Kehoe)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 26. Mar 2024, 11:45:16

 Ar an ceathrú lá is fiche de mí Márta, scríobh Christian Weisgerber:

 > [...] I'd like to nominate the mythic Wild West as the earliest American
 > cultural export that went global, although its spread beyond North America
 > and Europe may postdate WWII again, I don't know.

Jack London was massively popular in Russia in his lifetime, though I can’t see
any comment about contemporary popularity in the Spanish and
Portuguese-speaking New World in the corresponding Wikipedias. As I understand
it, Karl May wasn’t hugely read outside of Europe, though he was huge within
Europe.

--
‘As I sat looking up at the Guinness ad, I could never figure out /
How your man stayed up on the surfboard after fourteen pints of stout’