Re: HenHanna

Sujet : Re: HenHanna
De : me (at) *nospam* yahoo.com (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Groupes : sci.lang  alt.usage.english
Date : 06. Apr 2024, 10:42:04
On 2024-04-06 07:59:35 +0000, Ruud Harmsen said:

Sat, 6 Apr 2024 09:42:47 +0200: Clucker <cluck@cluck.cluck> scribeva:

On 05/04/2024 14:35, db wrote:
I note that almost all postings here are ostensibly
from one HenHanna. Can it be that this person has
posted all these, or is this a pseudonym given to
a lot of actual people?
 No collective pseudonym, just one deranged idiot.
 I think: a sincere and honest person, somewhere on the autistic
spectrum, therefore understood by few. Strong on details, that others
might think are irrelevant.
 I see the hate
"hate" is an exaggeration

 he unwillingly
How do you know that it's not deliberate?

 invokes in some as a form of
discrimination, or ignorance at best.
"Ignorance" is nonsense. We have known HenHanna at alt.usage.english from long before you appeared there. "Discrimation": what basis do you have for saying that? Is there anyone else you think is discriminated against?  Yourself, perhaps, when you first appeared at alt.usage.english and immediately started telling people who had been there for years how they should post. Does it surprise you that no one liked that?
So far as HenHanna is concerned, here are some things that annoy people:
1. Refusing to format messages in a normal way;
2. Refusing to use normal punctuation;
3. Refusing to use capitals when they are needed (beginnings of sentences, the pronoun I, etc.);
4. Ignoring all suggestions (and not offering arguments against them);
5. Using abbreviations like pls and ppl that may be acceptable in SMS messages, but are not acceptable in a group devoted to English usage;
6. Insisting on signing as HH after being told several times that there was already an HH at alt.usage.english who had been there much earlier. (He's gone now, but was a regular when HenHanna arrived.)

 Perhaps if you think more, and
realise we cannot be all the same?
Irrelevant

P.S. The reason s/he is the only poster here is because the other
regulars (Shepelev, Steve Hayes) have fled to AUE.
--
Athel -- French and British, living in Marseilles for 37 years; mainly in England until 1987.