Re: International Typewriter Day (23 June)

Sujet : Re: International Typewriter Day (23 June)
De : naddy (at) *nospam* mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 24. Jun 2024, 15:19:50
On 2024-06-24, Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net> wrote:

I was going to say that I was surprised patenting something that wasn’t built
was allowed at that point, but on reflection there’s no reason to be surprised.

In 1993, physicist and science fiction writer Robert L. Forward
received a patent on the statite, a then and now entirely hypothetical
type of satellite that uses a solar sail to keep its "orbit".

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy@mips.inka.de