Re: Possible accidental sighting of a newsgroup participant's name

Sujet : Re: Possible accidental sighting of a newsgroup participant's name
De : HenHanna (at) *nospam* devnull.tb (HenHanna)
Groupes : alt.usage.english sci.lang
Date : 30. Jun 2024, 09:54:40
On 6/25/2024 3:58 PM, Peter Moylan wrote:
On 26/06/24 06:41, Stefan Ram wrote:

I was combing through the interwebs for the lowdown on this whole
"electromagnetic mass" of the electron deal (J.J. Thomson, Abraham,
Lorentz, and that crew) when I stumbled upon this gnarly footnote in
"Poincaré on Mass-Energy Equivalence". Then it hit me like a
Mavericks wave - the author was some dude called "P. Moylan"!
 It ain't me, babe. Just a coincidence of names.
 My uncle is currently trying to organise a Moylan family reunion.
Perhaps I should write to this fellow in Pennsylvania with an invitation.
 That reminds me. An AUE regular once asked me whether I was related to
the linguist Séamus Ó Maoláin. I contacted him, and indeed he was from
the same small region that my people came from. So there's probably a
connection, but we could find the missing links. He died three years
ago, so we likely never will.

Moylan is Irish?
Hugh "Blazes" Boylan -- Works as a musical impresario, managing Molly Bloom's upcoming concert tour (which is a pretext for his visit on Bloomsday).
                  iirc...   he is hung like a horse.