William Faulkner died (6-7-1962)

Sujet : William Faulkner died (6-7-1962)
De : benlizro (at) *nospam* ihug.co.nz (Ross Clark)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 07. Jul 2024, 07:56:55
"...often considered the greatest writer of Southern literature." (Wiki)
Nobel Prize for Literature, 1949
I think we read "Barn burning" in first-year English Lit.
Then many years went by before I picked up an old copy of "Go Down, Moses" ("a 1942 collection of seven related pieces of short fiction... sometimes considered a novel." (Wiki))
Some day I hope to read more.
Crystal quotes at length from a 1956 interview, interesting enough, but nothing specifically about language.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Faulkner