Academia.edu

Sujet : Academia.edu
De : HenHanna (at) *nospam* devnull.tb (HenHanna)
Groupes : alt.usage.english sci.lang
Date : 07. Jul 2024, 22:01:53
On 1/26/2024 7:45 PM, Peter Moylan wrote:
It's been a while since I've mentioned the organisation called Academia.
Maybe there are lurkers here who would benefit from a warning. The web
site academia.edu claims "Academia.edu is a place to share and follow
research". That sounds respectable, but its record for accuracy is
really bad.
 I regularly get e-mail from them saying
<quote>
Download your PDF Package for "Julius Caesar"
You viewed the paper "Julius Caesar". Download your next PDF with PDF
Package.
</quote>
 (I see these messages whenever I'm cleaning up my spam folder.)
 To the best of my knowledge I have never viewed a paper called "Julius
Caesar", at academia.edu or elsewhere. Either they are targeting people
randomly, or their information is grossly faulty. Either way, that's not
good enough. Do not trust them.

they (Academia.edu) never makes that mistake  in  their  emails to me.