Raja Rao died (8-7-2006)

Sujet : Raja Rao died (8-7-2006)
De : benlizro (at) *nospam* ihug.co.nz (Ross Clark)
Groupes : sci.lang
Date : 08. Jul 2024, 12:51:50
Indian-American novelist and metaphysician (born Mysore 1908)
In _Kanthapura_ (1938) he writes:
"...English is not really an alien language to us. It is the language of our intellectual make-up, like Sanskrit or Persian was before, but not of our emotional make-up....We cannot write like the English. We should not...Our method of expression therefore has to be a dialect which will some day prove to be as distinctive and colorful as the Irish or the American."
A vision of a literary Indian English.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raja_Rao