Re: "Belle Époque" -- In French, adjectives go before the modified Noun -- acronym BANGS

Sujet : Re: "Belle Époque" -- In French, adjectives go before the modified Noun -- acronym BANGS
De : peter (at) *nospam* pmoylan.org (Peter Moylan)
Groupes : sci.lang alt.usage.english
Date : 13. Jul 2024, 02:51:01
On 13/07/24 05:20, HenHanna wrote:

Both BANGS adjectives  go before the noun:  ( Une belle petite fille )

                       ( Une robe rouge élégante )

                       ( Une élégante robe rouge )

What other  Acronyms (Mnemonics) are  common  for beginning French
students?
I never heard of your BANGS when I was learning French, and I'm glad I
didn't. I think it would have slowed down my learning.
I did learn "Every good boy deserves fruit", and it badly hurt my
ability to sight-read music [1]. A school friend of mine, a music
teacher, wanted to shoot the person who invented that one.
[1] I finally did learn to sight-read on the treble clef, but I'm still
struggling with the bass clef. And that's despite my singing bass in a
choir.
--
Peter Moylan       peter@pmoylan.org    http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW