Re: "Belle Époque" -- In French, adjectives go before the modified Noun -- acronym BANGS

Sujet : Re: "Belle Époque" -- In French, adjectives go before the modified Noun -- acronym BANGS
De : peter (at) *nospam* pmoylan.org (Peter Moylan)
Groupes : sci.lang alt.usage.english
Date : 14. Jul 2024, 01:36:30
On 13/07/24 23:18, jerryfriedman wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jul 2024 0:51:01 +0000, Peter Moylan wrote:

[1] I finally did learn to sight-read on the treble clef, but I'm
still struggling with the bass clef. And that's despite my singing
bass in a choir.

"Sight-read" meaning you can sing or play something in tempo at
first sight?
Yes, in the case of playing guitar. Back when I was doing music exams,
playing a previously unseen piece was my strongest skill. (But
identifying the interval between two notes was my weakest.) I only did
the exams up to fourth grade, though, where those pieces were typically
a melody plus one bass line, and didn't venture too far up the neck.
Once I get beyond the fifth fret I have to stop and think about where
the notes are.
I'm less good at sight reading as a singer. I can get the notes roughly
right, but I really need to hear the piece on piano or another instrument.
Actually, I've improved at singing from sheet music now that I'm the
only bass singer in the choir, at least for a while. Before that, the
bass singer who sat or stood closest to me used to distract me with all
his mistakes.
--
Peter Moylan       peter@pmoylan.org    http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW