Bob was my friend and colleague. He was a brilliant attorney.

Sujet : Bob was my friend and colleague. He was a brilliant attorney.
De : HenHanna (at) *nospam* devnull.tb (HenHanna)
Groupes : sci.lang alt.usage.english
Date : 20. Jul 2024, 03:07:38
Rob Lieblich ---  i can't remember the details, but
                    his posts seems so substantial... (well- reasoned)
               Never flaming...
_____________________
        I loved Bob Lieblich as much as one can love somebody met only on the Internet - in a discussion group on English usage. His cool judgement, humanity, and fine sense of humour were a constant delight. We're the richer for his life and the poorer for his going.
Mike Lyle           February 4, 2015
_______________________
OED has another thing coming
                https://groups.google.com
Feb 26, 2021 — Robert Lieblich wrote: > ... Fowler pointed out. > that you can both have ... In alt.usage.english, Carmen L. Abruzzi wrote:  >Shouldn't it be "...you've ...
          Regulars: In informal contexts, "regulars" can refer to frequent customers or patrons of a place, like a restaurant or bar.
          So, "RRs" could be a shorthand way of saying "regulars" if it's used in such a setting.
                On February 3, 2015, Robert E. Lieblich; beloved husband of Sharon K. Lieblich (nee Waterstone); cherished father of Benjamin (Nadia) Lieblich and Rebecca (Mike) Weiss; devoted brother of William (Suzanne) Lieblich; loving grandfather of Franklin, Valerie and Sonia; lifelong friend of Ellen Schwab. Funeral services will be held at Beth El Hebrew Congregation, 3830 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22304 on Friday, February 6, at 11:30 a.m. Interment will follow at Parklawn Memorial Gardens, 12800 Veirs Mill Rd, Rockville, MD. In lieu of flowers, contributions in his memory may be sent to the Fund for Johns Hopkins Medicine, 1 Charles Center, 100 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, or Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, 6101 Executive Blvd, Suite 100, North Bethesda, MD 20852, or the breast cancer charity of your choice. In mourning at 1600 North Oak Street (The Belvedere - Multipurpose Room), Arlington, VA 22209, on Friday, following the interment, and on Sunday from 3 to 7:30 p.m. Arrangements by SOL LEVINSON & BROS., INC.www.sollevinson.com
_________________________
         I'm so sorry to hear of Bob's death. I got to know Bob through alt.usage.english and eventually got to meet him when he and Sharon came to the UK. He was as lovely in real life as on the newsgroup, where he was always a pleasure to read.
My thoughts go out to all of you at this time.
Lindsay Endell         February 11, 2015
_______________________________
I would like to add my voice to those who knew Bob through Internet discussions. His messages were witty and wise and I will really miss them. We are lucky to have known him.
Richard Bollard        February 10, 2015
_________________________
I was so sad to hear of Bob's passing; I knew him from a discussion group about the English language to which we both belonged. He was always very knowledgeable, and frequently very funny. I will remember him with affection.
           He and Sharon took my daughter and me to dinner when my daughter started at American University. They introduced us to a coffee shop called Murky Coffee, which was Ruth's favourite place to study over the next few years.
My sympathies to Sharon, and the rest of Bob's family and friends. I hope that their happy memories of his life will bring comfort during this ad and difficult time.
February 5, 2015
I also knew Bob only through the Internet, but I greatly appreciated his contributions to discussions of English usage. He is sadly missed.
Athel Cornish-Bowden          February 5, 2015
           I first met Bob in about 1997, and although we didn't meet in person until probably a decade later, I greatly enjoyed our exchanges on alt.usage.english. His insight and sense of humor made him always one of my favorite people to read.
Evan Kirshenbaum         February 5, 2015