Re: irfanview is good at... extracting a page (as Jpg, Png) from a PDF file.

Sujet : Re: irfanview is good at... extracting a page (as Jpg, Png) from a PDF file.
De : snidely.too (at) *nospam* gmail.com (Snidely)
Groupes : sci.lang alt.usage.english
Date : 27. Jul 2024, 21:00:05
Rich Ulrich presented the following explanation :

I found the date-as-name extremely useful when I set about
organizing the files I obtained when I had 10,000 slides scanned.
They had been shot by my dad, featuring celebrations, vacations
(people and viewss) and special events. This was about 30 years
after he died, after my mom moved and was sorting things out,
so discoloration was the problem that was more time-consuming
than figuring the actual, original dates. >
I have also found useful a free program called Bulk Rename Utility,
which gives great flexibility in re-defining names. >
BRU is indeed nice.  XnView[MP] has some nice renaming features, but BRU covers a whole lot more.
/dps
--
"That's a good sort of hectic, innit?"
" Very much so, and I'd recommend the haggis wontons."