Re: new camera lens --- 修理したら, めっちゃ いい感じになったよ!

Sujet : Re: new camera lens --- 修理したら, めっちゃ いい感じになったよ!
De : jbb (at) *nospam* notatt.com (Jeff Barnett)
Groupes : sci.lang.japan sci.lang.translation sci.lang
Date : 06. Aug 2024, 08:16:09
On 8/3/2024 11:31 AM, HenHanna wrote:

On 7/11/2024 6:10 AM, Dimitris Tzortzakakis wrote:
Hallo everyone, can someone help a fellow gaijin, how do I say in
japanese, "I have this Nikon lens, it had a problem but I had it
repaired and now it rocks", furigana are very much welcome, thanks in
advance.

A bit literal: (ニコンのレンズを持っています。問題がありましたが、修理し
ました。今はすごいです。)

A More Natural Expression
                       While this translation is technically correct, it
might sound a bit stiff in natural conversation. To make it sound more
natural, you could try something like this:

Nikon no lens ga atte ne, komatta koto ga atta nda kedo, 直したらめっ
ちゃいい感じになったよ!

  (ニコンのレンズがあってね、困ったことがあったんだけど、直したらめっ
ちゃいい感じになったよ!)

私のニコンのレンズ、困ったことがあったんだけど、 修理したら
                                   めっちゃ いい感じになったよ

I don't know if this is any help but Nikon used to be called Nippon
Kokaku. That's my guess at a almost phonetic spelling. I sure that a
proper pronunciation of that attempt was there name about 45 or 50 years
ago.

As should be obvious from the above "weasel" wording, I don't know
Japanese either orally or lexically; But my interest in photography at
that time made me aware of many miscellaneous, isolated facts.
--
Jeff Barnett