Re: Somewhere came from Somewheres ? ---- unawares, amongst, betwixt

Sujet : Re: Somewhere came from Somewheres ? ---- unawares, amongst, betwixt
De : benlizro (at) *nospam* ihug.co.nz (Ross Clark)
Groupes : sci.lang alt.test
Date : 04. Sep 2024, 05:21:17
On 4/09/2024 12:41 p.m., Jeff Barnett wrote:
On 9/3/2024 3:45 PM, Ross Clark wrote:
On 4/09/2024 9:22 a.m., HenHanna wrote:
<SNIP>

You (whoever "you" are) are right.
I pointed this out a couple of days ago, referring to what I call "floating adverbial -s". You may have missed it as a result of your incessant cross-posting. (Thunderbird won't let me cross-post.)
All the words above are (I think) examples of it. (Sometimes with extra -t.)
 TB will allow you to cross-post -- see header of this post created with TB. I'll leave it to you to look up how; I don't want to make it too easy for idiots who would abuse that capability.
 <SNIP>
Actually I have no wish to. I used to crosspost sometimes, but now I find the process mostly annoying and confusing -- particularly as practised by HH (who never attributes properly) and by various political idiots who still intrude onto a.u.e. So when TB tells me I can't post something I've written because it's going to two or more newsgroups, I know how to remove all but the one I want.