Re: The most ridiculous science mistake in history.

Sujet : Re: The most ridiculous science mistake in history.
De : hitlong (at) *nospam* yahoo.com (gharnagel)
Groupes : sci.physics.relativity
Date : 05. Apr 2024, 04:09:06
Richard Hachel wrote:

Le 04/04/2024 à 16:48, hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel) a écrit :

The notion of tachyon is an abstract, absurd notion.
It's like asking a Pythagorean to draw a perfectly round square.
Actually, tachyons fit perfectly into SR's equation:
E = mc^2/sqrt(1 - v^2/c^2), when v > c the denominator is imaginary,
so the energy is real if m is imaginary, too.  The general energy
equation is E^2 - p^2c^2 = m^2c^4, so if E^ > p^2c^, then m^2 is
positive (normal matter), if E^2 - p^2c^2 = 0, then we have luxons
(photons, gravitons) and if E^2 - p^2c^2 < 0 we have tachyons.
Abstract?  Perhaps, although neutrinos seem to have tachyonic
properties.  Absurd?  Not so until proven wrong.
“In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.”
– Miguel de Cervantes
 “The most absurd and reckless aspirations have sometimes led to
extraordinary success.” -- Luc de Clapiers
“When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible,
he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he
is very probably wrong.” -- Arthur C. Clarke
“If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.”
-- Albert Einstein
“Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it's
in my basement... let me go upstairs and check.” – M. C. Escher
“The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever
that it is not utterly absurd.” -- Bertrand Russell
So what may turn out to be absurd is those whose vociferously deny the
existence of tachyons.

Today, human stupidity has been refined,
Hachelized

But it remains the human knowledge of people who, in order to be interesting, speak in Latin, or in English, to say anything.

R.H.
So why do you speak in French to an English language board, Hmmm?