Re: [SR] The traveler of Tau Ceti

Sujet : Re: [SR] The traveler of Tau Ceti
De : r.hachel (at) *nospam* tiscali.fr (Richard Hachel)
Groupes : sci.physics.relativity
Date : 22. Mar 2024, 10:49:46
Le 21/03/2024 à 21:05, "Paul B. Andersen" a écrit :
Or generally:
You claim that the speed of an object in an inertial frame
may be several times the speed of light, but will always be
measured to be less than c.
It's not just that I claim it, it's that it's logical, coherent, mathematical.
You seem, despite your intelligence well above the average man, to have difficulty understanding WHY
Vo (the measured speed) is not equal to Vr (the real speed).
Already forty years ago, I gave the five basic equations (hundreds will follow) of SR.
To²=Tr²+Et²
To=Tr.sqrt(1+Vr²/c²)
Tr=To.sqrt(1-Vo²/c²)
Vo=Vr/sqrt(1+Vr²/c²)
Vr=Vo/sqrt(1-Vo²/c²)
These are the equations that you don't make the effort to understand.
Not necessarily to accept them, but, at least, to understand them.
You do not understand this notion of anisochrony which is the basis of the entire theory of special relativity.
You tell me: “Measuring a false speed would be absurd”.
Yet this is what is done by using two separate watches.
Only the mobile, which only uses one watch, has the correct time.
Let's take the case of a medieval man who goes from Paris to Moscow and who measures time with a very precise hourglass.
It will measure twenty days exactly (or 480 one-hour hourglasses).
He left Paris at noon, and he said to himself, I covered PM in 480 hours.
My speed is real, it's not Alice in Wonderland.
But suddenly, he observes the hourly clock present in front of the Kremlin, and it does not mark midday, but a few more hours.
He then realizes that the Paris sundial is out of sync
relative to the Moscow sundial, and that if he uses t(arrival)M-t(departure)P, he will get an incorrect time, and an incorrect speed.
This is a bit like how it works in relativity.
We cannot measure the real natural time of a mobile with two watches placed in two different places and by performing a hasty subtraction.
We will observe in SR a speed Vo which will never exceed c.
While Vr will be able to take all the values without this being any problem.
We will say: “So be it!”
We are going to place a watch C equidistant from A and B,
and we will subtract, tB{C}-tA{C} since C is just one watch.
This is what physicists do.
Except that doesn't change anything at all. It's a single smartwatch with two different watches. Only the mobile watch is unique, and unfalsifiable by anisochrony.
R.H.