Re: The most ridiculous science mistake in history.

Sujet : Re: The most ridiculous science mistake in history.
De : relativity (at) *nospam* paulba.no (Paul B. Andersen)
Groupes : sci.physics.relativity
Date : 09. Apr 2024, 21:16:57
Den 09.04.2024 16:26, skrev Richard Hachel:
Le 06/04/2024 à 14:34, "Paul B. Andersen" a écrit :
Le 06/04/2024 à 02:45, hitlong@yahoo.com (gharnagel) a écrit :

Explain to me why the apparent speed of the earth when it returns is Vapp=4c.

I suppose you mean what the speed of the Earth will appear to
be for the traveller on his return trip.

The only way the traveller can measure this speed is by observing
the Doppler shift of the sunlight reflected from the Earth.
(Balmer etc., you know)

 Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

 If the observed Doppler shift is D,
then the measured speed of the Earth is v = c⋅(D²−1)/(D²+1)
 Which always is < c, and never is 4c.

 When Stella has just finished her U-turn, we imagine that she has made a large arc of a circle still at the same speed of 0.8c (tangential speed) she then prepares to rush towards the earth for the return.
The speed being 0.8c, as on the outward journey, she sees the earth coming back towards her with an apparent speed of 4c.
If the velocity v is a long the line of sight, then the angular
diameter of the Earth will increase proportionally with time,
but the Earth will appear to be stationary, so its apparent
speed is zero.
But if the Earth is approaching Stella at an angle ϕ from
the line of sight, she can measure the angular velocity,
and when the distance is known, she can calculate
the apparent transverse velocity, which indeed may be
higher than c.
Vapp =  v⋅sin(ϕ)/(1 - (v/c)*cos(ϕ))
For example, if ϕ = π/4 and v = 0.8c, Vapp = 1.3c
If Vapp ≠ 0, Stella will never reach the Earth, obviously.
So this apparent speed is of no interest for the twin 'paradox',
even if it is interesting for 'superluminal jets'.
So what's your point?

 And this throughout his return (otherwise you will admit that it is absurd).
 No matter how you measure this speed (telescope, beeps, Doppler effects, etc.), you will always have Vo=0.8c Vr=4/3c and Vapp=4c.
Rumours say you are a Doctor of psychiatry.
If that's the case, what diagnosis would you give the 'me' person below?

 What I would like you to understand is that all of this is immensely coherent, when it is ME who explains it, and no one else, but that for reasons which are not scientific, the “physicists” refuse to listen to me.
 I have been begging them for years to listen to me, and to affirm like me "that the effects of physics are perfectly reciprocal by permutation of frame of reference". Just as Terrence SEES the rocket three times longer, Stella SEES the distance to be covered three times greater, and not 12 ly, but 36 ly.
 It's this enormous, masterful, brilliant slap given by Doctor Hachel that physicists cannot understand. They therefore conclude that Doctor Hachel is the moron.
Megalomania ?

 They are incapable of understanding, and it is by braying like a donkey that they have before their eyes one of the most beautiful understandings of the theory of relativity ever given, and not this filthy bullshit of an absolutely abstract and ridiculous Minkowski block.
R.H.
Yawn.
--
Paul