Re: do you believe we can quantize gravity?

Sujet : Re: do you believe we can quantize gravity?
De : f00 (at) *nospam* 0f0.00f (kami)
Groupes : sci.physics
Date : 22. Sep 2024, 07:52:01
On Sat, 21 Sep 2024 10:14:11 +0800, Sylvia Else wrote:

On 21-Sept-24 2:10 am, kami wrote:
or is the question itself wrong in some way?

Consider the scenario where a photon goes through a double slit. A
photon has mass, and things with mass interact through the gravitational
field.

photon doesnt have mass, its a massless boson.

So even after the photon passes through the double slit, there is going
to be some interaction with other things possessing mass. The task is to
quantitatively describe that interaction.

Whether you call that quantization of gravity or not, the resulting
theory is going to have to handle the quantum nature of photons.

i think that was done by feynman with qed?

Of course, the problem we have at the moment is that we cannot perform
the required measurements to provide input to the theoreticians, nor
test any theories they may devise.

Sylvia.

hopefully someone can figure it out quickly, i want to visit
other star systems and these chemical rockets are dinosaurs.