Re: Wannabee wants guns to be controlled like cars.

Sujet : Re: Wannabee wants guns to be controlled like cars.
De : jbrady (at) *nospam* amazon.com (Jon Brady)
Groupes : talk.politics.guns alt.politics.guns
Date : 22. Mar 2024, 23:24:24
On 21 Mar 2024, =?UTF-8?B?8J+YjiBNaWdodHkgV2FubmFiZSDinIU=?= <@.> posted
some news:qv6LN.370485$7uxe.15923@fx09.ams1:

Just Wondering wrote on 3/21/2024 8:51 PM:
On 3/21/2024 1:52 PM, Mighty Wannabe wrote:

My car requires an annual ownership permit and auto insurance policy
with mandated third-party liability.

Only if you operate your car on public roads.

When I go to a car dealership to buy a car, they won't let me take
ownership of the car until I have the licence plate and car insurance.
I can't say I just want to drive the car in my driveway and my
backyard.

You got lousy credit and have to finance at 30% interest too, hunh Mr.
Obama voter.  Your assertion is bunk.  Every state has temporary tags or
documents to put on the car or car window.  You got 2 to 30 days to get
insurance for your care in Oregon.  California up to 30 days, Illinois, no
driving on first day without insurance.

I don't see why a gun doesn't require annual ownership permit and
mandated third-party liability insurance policy.

Gun laws are already more stringent than that.  With rare
exceptions, you are not allowed to operate your gun on public roads.

Gun owners incur extra cost to the society. Some guns get stolen and
used in crime. Some gun owners go bonkers and shoot up places. If you
want the privilege of gun ownership, then you should pay annual permit
fee and buy insurance. This is a capitalist country. You incur the
cost to society then you should pay the annual permit fee and buy the
insurance.

Gun misusers.  The vast majority of gun owners are very responsible
people.  The only cases that make the news are the ones that fit the anti-
American agendas.

You don't want to go down the "guns should be regulated like cars"
rabbit hole.  You really don't want that, not one little bit.

Exactly, guns should be regulated like cars.

Guns are the most overregulated product in the USA.  Try again.