A quote about FDR

Sujet : A quote about FDR
De : x (at) *nospam* y.com (X, formerly known as \"!Jones\")
Groupes : talk.politics.guns
Date : 26. Apr 2024, 13:59:24
I want to use a quote in an article I'm writing, and I can't find the
quote.  (I have a juicy quote in search of a citation.)

It goes something like this:

"It's more power that an honest man should want, or a dishonest one
should have."

I believe it to have been spoken or written by one of FDR's opponents
regarding his quest for the line-item veto.

Obviously, the quote isn't quite right; I have tried rephrasing it,
but no luck.

Ring any bells???